Loading...

Thursday, 14 June 2012

Hot Rod Deluxe Eminence Red White & Blues Speaker Replacement





 Something I've been meaning to do for awhile is to ditch the rubbish stock speaker in my HRDX and install an Eminence RW&B. I was really pleased with the results I got from my Blues Jr. and was beyond happy with the payoff with the HRDX. Apparently Eminence recommends the RW&B as a replacement for the Blues Jr. but frankly it sounds like it was meant for the Hot Rod Deluxe. Maybe it's because of the larger cab or the higher headroom, (I'm not sure), but it makes that amp sound exactly the way I wanted it too out of the box. I rarely used the Drive channel on the HRDX and despised the More Drive gain boost prior to the replacement, it was just too unruly, noisy, and unusable. The RW&B fixed all that, it smoothed out the highs, tightened up the bottom end and gave everything a really great Sticky Fingers/ Let It Bleed vibe. No more shrill leads or flabby rhythm. I can't figure out why Fender just doesn't load these amps with these things stock. I'm sure it's an accounting thing but the increase in cost would be more than worth it for them and the customer. If you've got one of these amps and are unhappy with the tone and thinking about modding or replacing tubes or whatever, give this setup a try first. The RW&B is affordable and tough, and will handle anything you throw at it.


Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
http://www.fender.com/en-CA/products/hotrod/models.php?prodNo=2230200

Eminence Red, White and Blues
http://www.eminence.com/pdf/Red_White_and_Blues.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment